Developed by Foster & Company (of England), the 1916 ''Foster Battle Tank'' was possibly inspired by a previously failed Tank design known as The ''Flotilla Leader''. Both Tank designs were in The Class of ''Landships'', which where massive tracked gun platforms. Only (1) known Landship was ever developed (but never used in battle) – the previously discussed ''Pedrail Landship''. A working prototype was constructed, but the initial Contract was lost to The ''Flying Elephant'' Heavy Tank. The Forster Tank was 32-feet in length and 6-feet in height. It was powered by Twin 6-Cylinder Engines which produced 106-HP. Dual Tracked, The Forster had attached Rear steerage ''Wheels'', to aid in turns. Crewed by 6, The Forster featured 2-inch Plating throughout. No Main Gun was installed, but as a Machine Gun Platform, The Forster supported (6) .303 Lewis Guns.