Located in Zealand, Denmark, - Gurre Castle was constructed in 1250. Designed along the same lines as The English “Motte and Bailey”” system, Gurre featured a stone Perimeter wall surrounding a central Keep. 4 defensive Perimeter Square Turrets were built at each corner of the wall joins. A Wet Moat System was also constructed that completely encircled the entirety of the castle. A Chapel was constructed – in which Pope Urban V gave a “gift” of relics (to consecrate it). After 1375, Gurre Castle had no Owner and fell into disrepair. By the 19th Century, much was lost. However, excellent Period documentation exist to show how this ancient Dane Castle looked.