Built overlooking The Dora Baltea River in Aosta, Italy – Cly Castle may have started out as a small Keep as early as 1027. A Church was added in 1207 dedicated to St. Maurice. It was held by the Dukes of Savoy as a personal military fortress until 1550. Unattended, the Castle fell to ruins in the following centuries. Constructed as a Hilltop Castle, a series of concentric Perimeter Defense Walls encircle the lower mid portion of the hill (and continue upwards. The Donjon/Keep sits central to the structure. Cly may have had several Rounded Defensive Towers on the past. Some of the military structures – such as the Armory and Powder Magazines still exist. It can only be visited on certain months by Tourists.