kian

Stronghold legends multiplayer crashing

?So about a month ago I posted a topic about stronghold 2 crashing in the middle of multiplayer game and so, me and my friends suddenly got interested in stronghold legends. Even though we played it multiple times, we never got to finish it. It either crashes to the main menu or it crashes to the desktop displaying a message that the game has stopped working. As steam doesn?t function as it should in Iran, we were left with no choice but to keep playing the game via Gameranger. If there?s anything about port forwarding for gameranger or firewall issue?s with it please let me know.

Thanks.

That isn't possible in Stronghold Legends, as it's all automatic connection. Are you all on the latest disk version of the patch (1.2)? I've noticed that GameRanger doesn't really care what version of the game you use at all, so this could well be the cause of your problems. Assuming all copies of the game are genuine, that it the most likely reason.

See this article for more information on the Stronghold Legends patches.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

What about firewall settings or routings in the router? Is there nothing that could possibly be blocking the connection?

No, if it was Firewall or Router related issues, they wouldn't start halfway through the game. Those kind of issues would be there right from the start, maybe not even letting you connect with each other at all.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Need Help Running Stronghold 2: Deluxe Version 1.31

As some of you may know, there are two versions of Stronghold 2: the Standard edition and the Deluxe edition. The standard edition patches to version 1.4.1, however, the Deluxe edition patches to version 1.31; and it requires a special Deluxe patch. The good news is that this patch was included on the DVD disc itself of late releases of this game (I have a late release which includes a 1.31 patch right on the disc; alternatively, the patch can also be downloaded here: https://www.patches-scrolls

in Stronghold 2

• Stronghold 1 Multiplayer Discord Server

Hello, this is a message for anyone interested with Stronghold HD(Not Crusader) multiplayer scene specifically.We are a group of passionate Stronghold players each of us having likely sinked over 10 thousands of hours into playing the old game, and have mastered almost every inch of it, be that economics or arts of warfare. Some of us came back from the past days from the early times of this game's youth, there where it all began, on Gamespy Arcade having great legacy to this day, and others bec

in Stronghold 1

• Win a Free Copy of Stronghold Warlords Upon Release!

Stronghold Nation Summer Contest 2020 The admin team are delighted to announce our latest competition for 2020, working in partnership with Firefly Studios to provide a free Steam code for Stronghold Warlords, upon release, for the winner of our competition. Welcome, Lords and Ladies, to the Stronghold Nation Summer Contest 2020! Prizes 1st place: Free copy of Stronghold Warlords upon release and the Stronghold Kingdoms Starter Pack 2nd place: Free copy of Stronghold Crusa

in Competitions

• Modifying Stronghold 3

I've posted a tutorial which tells you how to unarchive the game files from the '.v' format which they are in. This now means that modifying Stronghold 3 is finally possible.   To do so, you must download the following modding utility:   http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/file/349-modifying-utility/   Here is the tutorial: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/article/195-unarchiving-stronghold-3-files   Let me know if anyone has any issues :)

in Stronghold 3

• Stronghold Legends 4th Skirmish Trail Arthur's Challenge + Bonus Content

Stronghold Legends has an exclusive bonus trail (Arthur's Challenge) that was originally only released with the Gold disk version of the game. This means that without this version, you had no way of being able to collect all the awards or completely finish the game. However, Firefly have since released the 4th exclusive bonus trail as an addon application, which I have sourced and uploaded to our downloads section, available here. You only need to use this application if you are still using

in Stronghold Legends