NEIN

Stronghold 1 HD (GOG AND STEAM Issues)

Specs: Win7 pro 64bit , i5-6500 CPU, GTX 960 Graphics, 16gb Ram - Fresh installation , all drivers up to date.

GOG Version issue: I launch game and screen flickers like 5-10 times and the game will sometimes load , but often it will just be a black screen and I'll have to power off PC . I've tried multiple compatibility modes , Desktop is 1920x1080 , I set resolution ingame to 1920x1080.?

Steam Version issue: Game launches fine , game runs perfect 120+ FPS steadily . issue is my game will suddenly jump from 120FPS to 15fps instantly after like 10-15 minutes of playing . when this happens I save, quit , launch game and load my save, and it runs fine again for about the same time 10-15 minutes then jumps to 15fps again..?

if anyone knows actual fixes let me know thanks

Welcome to Stronghold Nation!

Try with the 1024x768 resolution. Even after the HD version was released, this resolution has been working the best for me. Smoothly, and without any issues.

It is impossible that Stronghold 1 works on 120 FPS. FPS in Stronghold 1 is always equal to the game speed, so when it is 40 (which is default), FPS is 40 as well. If you want FPS to be 60, game speed has to be 60 too, and game speed 90 is the maximum game speed.

Regarding the GOG version. Try setting 1024x768 resolution in the game, and when you start the game make sure no other windows have been opened.

Also, if you have two versions of the game installed on your PC, try uninstalling one of them, and reinstalling the other. Also, prior to reinstall move the Stronghold.cfg file elsewhere, you might want to have a new .cfg file, but don't delete it, back it up. If one of them is version 1.3 or lower, and the other 1.4 (which is the case with Steam version for sure), they you will certainly have issues. The 1.4 version changes the Stronghold.cfg file in a way that it makes it unusable by older versions.

Edited by EaglePrince

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Need Help Running Stronghold 2: Deluxe Version 1.31

As some of you may know, there are two versions of Stronghold 2: the Standard edition and the Deluxe edition. The standard edition patches to version 1.4.1, however, the Deluxe edition patches to version 1.31; and it requires a special Deluxe patch. The good news is that this patch was included on the DVD disc itself of late releases of this game (I have a late release which includes a 1.31 patch right on the disc; alternatively, the patch can also be downloaded here: https://www.patches-scrolls

in Stronghold 2

• Stronghold 1 Multiplayer Discord Server

Hello, this is a message for anyone interested with Stronghold HD(Not Crusader) multiplayer scene specifically.We are a group of passionate Stronghold players each of us having likely sinked over 10 thousands of hours into playing the old game, and have mastered almost every inch of it, be that economics or arts of warfare. Some of us came back from the past days from the early times of this game's youth, there where it all began, on Gamespy Arcade having great legacy to this day, and others bec

in Stronghold 1

• Win a Free Copy of Stronghold Warlords Upon Release!

Stronghold Nation Summer Contest 2020 The admin team are delighted to announce our latest competition for 2020, working in partnership with Firefly Studios to provide a free Steam code for Stronghold Warlords, upon release, for the winner of our competition. Welcome, Lords and Ladies, to the Stronghold Nation Summer Contest 2020! Prizes 1st place: Free copy of Stronghold Warlords upon release and the Stronghold Kingdoms Starter Pack 2nd place: Free copy of Stronghold Crusa

in Competitions

• Modifying Stronghold 3

I've posted a tutorial which tells you how to unarchive the game files from the '.v' format which they are in. This now means that modifying Stronghold 3 is finally possible.   To do so, you must download the following modding utility:   http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/file/349-modifying-utility/   Here is the tutorial: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/article/195-unarchiving-stronghold-3-files   Let me know if anyone has any issues :)

in Stronghold 3

• Stronghold Legends 4th Skirmish Trail Arthur's Challenge + Bonus Content

Stronghold Legends has an exclusive bonus trail (Arthur's Challenge) that was originally only released with the Gold disk version of the game. This means that without this version, you had no way of being able to collect all the awards or completely finish the game. However, Firefly have since released the 4th exclusive bonus trail as an addon application, which I have sourced and uploaded to our downloads section, available here. You only need to use this application if you are still using

in Stronghold Legends