Lord_Chris

Stronghold 2 Desert Mod

Presenting: one of our official extensions for Stronghold 2!

Before I'd start I'd like to say that we did not create this modification; I created the installer for it but the basic components already existed and were created by some of the Stronghold Knights team.

This extension will automatically install itself to a new folder in Stronghold 2 'mods/SHK Desert Mod' - in the event you'd like this uninstalled, run the uninstallation file within that folder. It changes the game files by itself when you run the installer after downloading and backs them up automatically. This is a step towards the much needed automatic extension process in Stronghold 2 and makes the process a lot simpler for the end user.

Screenshots:

stronghold-2-desert-mod-1.png

stronghold-2-desert-mod-2.png

Download: https://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/file/488-stonghold-2-desert-mod/

I've also added a new 'Egyptian Walls' mod as well, though this does not work on an installer. You can grab this here. Screenshot:

egyptian-walls.jpg

Finally, I've updated our music pack to turn it into another of our official game extensions; this installs itself to the folder 'mods/SHN Music Pack' in the main Stronghold 2 folder and is uninstalled as easily as the Desert Mod. You can get that here.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Yet ANOTHER reason that my "lazy" Self needs to buy SHC2......

It's actually a mod for the "old" Stronghold 2 (not Crusader 2) - but it does make it look a lot like the new game! :)

Also thought I should mention that the Desert Mod is first rate (my experience with it in the past) and should be compatible with multiplayer, even when playing with people without the mod, since it just changes textures. The Egyptian Walls mod also looks cool from the screenshots. The music pack should add some excitement too.

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

I can only wish that the new Crusader 2 was an improved Stronghold 2. That would be an epic game.

I second this, as much as I enjoy the building and the troops in SHC2, the game itself has too many bugs and issues. SH2 hit the nail right on the head! :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Indeed. And even if it was overcomplicated to many, they could have simply removed these things such as crime, and made earning honor simpler - like in Stronghold 3, and kept all these cool things such as melee fights inside towers. Too bad that they simplified that even in Stronghold Legends. Stairways and towers in Stronghold 2 are the best, while in Stronghold Legends stairways are the worst. It would be much better of troops weren't able to climb up those stairs so quickly though.