Mathew Steel

An Ally's Retreat - New Kingmaker Map

I've worked on this map for about 4 hours in total and I have to say I am very pleased with the outcome.?

My aim was to make an unbalanced yet fair map. Each estate has its own advantages and teamwork is vital to your success. There are also 3 estates south of the map that will be very useful when it comes to controlling the play of the game.?

I've submitted the map and it is awaiting verification.

Enjoy some screenshots!

Montage_Pic_1-9c2730.png

Montage_Pic_2-82ca21.png

Minimap-1378ad.png

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

It is going to be an interesting kingmaker map. I'm not sure though how would it work in multiplayer, as there are four castle estates, and several of them are bordering. Still, we could make it if we all agree not to build castle structures too close an enemy borders. Then it would be interesting in multiplayer as well. :)

I did think about that and I imagined it would play out similar to the map Volcano. But then again, it is designed for 2v2 :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Villages and AI lords in my new kingmaker map don't build woodcutters

Hi, guys. I hope you'll be able to help me. I've made this new kingmaker map. It's a map I had in my mind for a while, and I found some time to make it.   Unfortunately, what makes me very sad right now is the fact that those villages and AI lords don't build woodcutters. Has any of you had this issue before? I have no idea what could it be. If that could help, I could send my map to some of you to have a closer look.   For this reason villages don't develop - they just build a granary, few hous

in Stronghold 2

• Disable certain type of trip troops in kingmaker map?

Hi, do you know how could we disable some unit types in kingmaker map? It's not that I need i it right now, but after making those William's castles, and after playing Tokamaps's most resent kingmaker map started to wonder about this one.   This would make kingmaker harder, as without knights it would be harder to kill a lord in a well defended castle. Also, I believe that Tokamaps disabled buying any type of goods on his map, and that made me believe that similar is possible with troops.   I'm

in Stronghold 2

• Stronghold changing starting keep in kingmaker mode to wooden keep

Hey guys I know this has been addressed before and I made a back up of the medium keep files the gr2 and dds and change and made copies of the wooden files and changed them all from "wooden" to "medium". The wooden keep appears and it appears to work however my lord cant stand in the wooden keep tower which is very frustrating can anyone help me to correct this. would be very much appreciated!!!

in Stronghold 2

• Fallen Lands (Kingmaker Map)

So I have been working on this map for the last 3 hours and worked on it in 5 hours in total. And it is now finished, for those who wish to download and play it, here you go.   Fallen Lands is a 5 player Kingmaker map with a variety of different villages to choose from. The terrains theme is messy (good messy) to make the map look as if the lands have been trampled on, blood spilt, fallen castles have all been part of an earlier time of the map. The name "Fallen Lands" is because of all this.  

in Stronghold 2