Mathew Steel

An Ally's Retreat - New Kingmaker Map

I've worked on this map for about 4 hours in total and I have to say I am very pleased with the outcome.?

My aim was to make an unbalanced yet fair map. Each estate has its own advantages and teamwork is vital to your success. There are also 3 estates south of the map that will be very useful when it comes to controlling the play of the game.?

I've submitted the map and it is awaiting verification.

Enjoy some screenshots!

Montage_Pic_1-9c2730.png

Montage_Pic_2-82ca21.png

Minimap-1378ad.png

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

It is going to be an interesting kingmaker map. I'm not sure though how would it work in multiplayer, as there are four castle estates, and several of them are bordering. Still, we could make it if we all agree not to build castle structures too close an enemy borders. Then it would be interesting in multiplayer as well. :)

I did think about that and I imagined it would play out similar to the map Volcano. But then again, it is designed for 2v2 :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• New Years Resolution

New Years is right around the corner, so I thought that now would be a good time to post this thread. Do you have any New Years resolutions for next year? How have you done on yours from this  (soon to be over) year? For myself, I didn't set any this past year. For the following year, one of my goals is to spend less time browsing forums and social media, and instead, I'd should spend that time looking at and doing more productive stuff.

in The Open Castle Inn

• New Stronghold Crusader Hd Player 2020

Hey guys,    im a new player looking for literally anyone to play some multiplayer with, the computers move way too fast for me and I need to play someone who is willing to slow down to provide an adequate challenge.      im not sure if anyone still looks at these forums, but go ahead and give me a kind email if you wish for an easy challenge, or if you are up to teach.  🙏🏻🙏🏻   thank you kindly. ar3nad3wdz [at] gmail [dot] com -Patrick. 

in Stronghold Crusader & Crusader Extreme

• Wip Eyecandy Invasion Map

Hey folks, I haven't done any map making in years, and I quite fancied having a go again, so I'm making an invasion map, as yet unscripted, so just eyecandy for now. I do have various resources for map making in an external drive, however the usb is broken so it is inaccessible at the moment, I recall that when I enquired it was cheaper to buy a new external casing than it was to get the port repaired, so I'll see about doing that some time. Anyway, here's a stitched together pano

in Stronghold 1

• New History Quiz

AVE CITIZENS.....   SHOW YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE BY PASSING OUR NEW QUIZ. 10 QUESTIONS DESIGNED TO PONDER YOUR CONTINUED CITIZENSHIP......GOOD LUCK AND FAIL NOT, LEST YOU BE FED TO THE LIONS!

in The Town Crier

• New map in progress - Free Build

I don't usually announce a new map being created, but given that I've recently got back into Crusader 2, I've noticed one massive gripe...   SIEGES FOR FREE BUILD SPAWN IN THE MOST RIDICULOUS SPOTS EVER AND RUIN THE FUN!   Therefore, I am making a free build map with sensible siege spawns, to allow you to defend sensibly against a realistic enemy attack! Keep your eyes peeled! :P

in Stronghold Crusader 2