Narrikis

Anyone heard of this game?

Apparently there's a historical open-world game coming out called Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It's set in Bohemia at the turn of the 15th century and is a first-person rpg. Website's here for those interested: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Trailer's a bit cheesy but it looks like it could be fun. The time setting is within my favourite period of the Middle Ages (14th-15th century) and Bohemia sounds like an unusual and interesting location.

Have there been many games of this type in the past? From what I've heard most historical medieval games tend to be in the strategy genre rather than first-person action.

Edited by Narrikis

I've heard of similar kinds of games, but yes, they are very rare. I haven't heard of this, but it does sound like it could be a fairly good game. Some lovely screenshots in the Game Features section of that site:

kcd_forest_logo-20160302-124505.jpg

kcd_quarry_logo.jpg

kcd_talmberg_logo.jpg

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I've heard of similar kinds of games, but yes, they are very rare.

Care to name a few? :)

The only games like this with a historical setting that I can think of are 'War of the Roses' and 'Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword'. I've only played the latter (which isn't a medieval setting anyway) so I don't know how 'War of the Roses' is.

Edited by Narrikis

I can't actually remember names, I haven't heard of any like this for several years - which is why I said they're rare ;)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles