EaglePrince

Disable certain type of trip troops in kingmaker map?

Hi, do you know how could we disable some unit types in kingmaker map? It's not that I need i it right now, but after making those William's castles, and after playing Tokamaps's most resent kingmaker map started to wonder about this one.

This would make kingmaker harder, as without knights it would be harder to kill a lord in a well defended castle. Also, I believe that Tokamaps disabled buying any type of goods on his map, and that made me believe that similar is possible with troops.

I'm also interested to know how would this effect AI lords that is those "forbidden" troops.

Edited by EaglePrince

In Kingmaker maps, no scripting is present - so it's not possible to disable any troop type or set any specific events. What you could do is make a custom war map with a certain amount of lords and set the win condition to killing all the AI lords.

Only that way you'd be able to set custom troops. I understand it's not exactly ideal, as you have set opponents - but this is the only way it's possible.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Or limit yourself to, say, max. 12 knights at a time.

It is not unusal for players to play with such "house rules" to make their game more interesing. I have seen this beeing discussed for other games, too.

A quite good one for certain games is this one: "only keep 1 save game file".

With that you can only ever go forward and are not able to go back to an earlier save, if you find yourself in a difficult situation. You cannot just wipe out your mistakes from the past, you have to accept them and deal with them. Quite realisitc. XD

Edited by Nigel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Aggressive Outlaws and Bugged Troops

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a problem here. So, I'm working on a war custom map and used the SH2-to-S2m file trick to place some ruins and give myself some additional outlaw units to place across the map.   Everything was going fine, until the outlaws I placed a started gradually migrating towards my castle and attacking my buildings.?   To compound this, many times my troops won't take any command orders; I order them to attack a unit, and they just stand there. Other times, they will move of

in Stronghold 2

• Map Type Preferences

No guarantees that I will be working on any unfinished maps from like 287361639617618653815624361 years ago. But if you guys do play my maps, would you prefer them to contain objectives, or be freebuilds?

in Stronghold 1

• Stronghold 2 AI Editor - trying to add troops on added tower

Hi, I have found Stronghold 2 AI Editor at Heaven Games, and I have downloaded, and I tried using it. http://stronghold2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=490   There are two Williams castles that needed to be fixed, so I did that - he had problems because of the moat (that was the issue on both castles), so I removed the moat, and he had two towers with doors to outside instead of to inside (that is on one castle), so I deleted those two towers and I put those with correct orientat

in Stronghold 2

• An Ally's Retreat - New Kingmaker Map

I've worked on this map for about 4 hours in total and I have to say I am very pleased with the outcome.?   My aim was to make an unbalanced yet fair map. Each estate has its own advantages and teamwork is vital to your success. There are also 3 estates south of the map that will be very useful when it comes to controlling the play of the game.?   I've submitted the map and it is awaiting verification.   Enjoy some screenshots!          

in Stronghold 2

• Villages and AI lords in my new kingmaker map don't build woodcutters

Hi, guys. I hope you'll be able to help me. I've made this new kingmaker map. It's a map I had in my mind for a while, and I found some time to make it.   Unfortunately, what makes me very sad right now is the fact that those villages and AI lords don't build woodcutters. Has any of you had this issue before? I have no idea what could it be. If that could help, I could send my map to some of you to have a closer look.   For this reason villages don't develop - they just build a granary, few hous

in Stronghold 2