Lord_Chris

Week #3 - Stronghold 3

Your task for this week is:

Create a fortress in the Stronghold 3 editor, along with some exciting river effects and a bandit camp. The map should be scripted so that the bandits attack and you must destroy the camp to win. Upload to our download section when completed.

The map can be as simple as down to the very basic landscape with a keep marker and a outlaw camp - or you could ramp it up a bit and add a few additional extras! You can make any size of map, with any kind of landscape, and anything you see fit in-between!

Useful resources

Note: Your entry must be [colour=red]uploaded to our download central[/colour] by (23/1/16 23:59). If no entry is uploaded (via .zip. then your entry will not be counted! The results will be revealed on Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

This sounds good; count me in.

One question for clarification:

Does "Stronghold 3 editor" refer to both, Stronghold 3 and Crusader 2? After all, both games use more or less the same game engine / editor. Or does it explicitly have to be a Stronghold 3 game?

By the way, I would not be worried that no one took up the last challange. 52 are a lot of challanges and 1 year is a long time. I think it is quite normal that from time to time there will be a challange that does not find any takers.

Great news @Nigel! We're looking forward to see what you can come up with!

It's explicitly the Stronghold 3 editor - while both editors are similar, if you check our editor guide (above) you'll find there are some major differences in them too.

Useful Articles

I have just uploaded my file : A Hunting Party

To make it easy for everyone I also put a description of the mission here.

A Hunting Party

You go on a hunting trip with 5 friends, knights of your retinue. The knights leave their armour at home and only wear light ranger's clothes - but their swords, symbols of their status, they take with them.

As the times are peaceful, you only take a few men-at-arms as body guards with you. In addtion to that your company is made up of fife huntsmen, two smiths who tend your equippment and a cook who bakes those delicious pastries that you like so much.

When you come close to a mining village that belongs to one of your estates, you discover a bandit hideout nearby which is threatening the area. Quickly you turn your camp into a makeshift "fortress" to have a base for your adventure. Now your knigts sorely regret that they did not bring their armour, especially as the local traders have no weapons to sell. It cannot be helped - you have to find a way to defeat the bandits.

If you manage to destroy the bandit camp you can say a prayer of thanks at the old cross in the mountain.

This is a short scenario and not too difficult, but it does have a few hurdles.

The hint here may help you if you are stuck.

An old saying in the art of war: knowing when to attack and when to retreat can be the key to victory.

As a technical note: the cross in the mountains is needed to allow the game to end with a victory screen as there is no trigger for destroying a bandit camp. But you will need to destroy the camp to get to the cross.

Hope you will enjoy it :)

Edited by Nigel

Thank you Nigel, the map has been approved!

The points are as follows:

Feedback

The map was very well constructed, and the landscape was very cleverly put together - I particularly like the waterfall and the water that can be walked over. The idea of having the iron transported over the water to your village is a really good idea. It was a very tough map with the starting number of troops which you received. It required you to use them very effectively and it took me several attempts to actually complete the mission. The landscaping was very well detailed and the numerous cliff heights looked very impressive.

It was a very good map - congratulations on being entered into the draw!

Useful Articles