Mathew Steel

Map Editor Bug

I was finishing a map yesterday. I decided to change it to kingmaker since the invasions don't work correctly. It wasn't long before I realised removing walls wouldn't work. I messaged in hope that he'd know a way to remove them, since he's made great maps in the past. He too noticed removing walls just wasn't accomplishable.

A quick google search led me to believe this was a map editor bug. If anyone is also having this problem, please reply so I know it isn't just a coincidence. Thank you! :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I decided to change it to kingmaker since the invasions don't work correctly.

Wait - is this a bug in Stronghold 2 or Crusader 2?

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Crusader 2. The invasion thing isn't a bug, it's just a bad decision made by Firefly by the looks of things. Basically, if AI territories are present on the map, the invasions don't work correctly.

In what way? Does the game crash or just do something completely different?

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

The invasion troops remain in the castle of whichever AI is present. I tried using a different AI to invade, they just stand still. Vetka and others have had the same issue.

Have you tried removing the AI estates?

The invasion troops remain in the castle of whichever AI is present.

This could be useful for another mission where the player is supposed to attack an enemy castle. I haven't really tried the SHC2 editor yet, but usually you can solve things by working backwards, one step at a time. Of course, being totally unable to remove walls kinda prevents that. :/

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

I was finishing a map yesterday. I decided to change it to kingmaker since the invasions don't work correctly. It wasn't long before I realised removing walls wouldn't work. I messaged in hope that he'd know a way to remove them, since he's made great maps in the past. He too noticed removing walls just wasn't accomplishable.

A quick google search led me to believe this was a map editor bug. If anyone is also having this problem, please reply so I know it isn't just a coincidence. Thank you! :)

Yes, I also think this is a map editor bug.

It used to work with the [delete] button from the menue bar, but not anymore after some updates. :(

There is a workaround though.

If you place a small tower over the wall section that you want to remove, the wall gets replaced by the tower and the tower can then be selected and removed with the [Delete] key from your keyboard. The wall is then gone without trace. It is a bit naff, but if you are stuck with the map otherwise, it may be the best way to get out of it.

I have taken the habit to alsways "save as" under a different file name rather than saving over a previous (working) map. This way I end up with a lot of files (same name apart from a number in the name going from 01 to 99), but it means that I always have a recent working version of the map to fall back on, if the map editor does something unexpected and produces a crashing of otherwise non-funcional map.

Edited by Nigel