EaglePrince

'a corrected to á all the time

Hi, I meant to ask you if you know about this feature, as it does work on my PC, but I don't want it to. :)

When I want to write " 'a " I need to press ['] [space] [a], and unless I don't press space in between I would get "?".

Similar happens with some other characters. For example, I can get ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, etc... But I don't want it, I just want to get what I type. :)

Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't happen when I switch to Serbian keyboard (Latin or Cyrillic).

So, I would like to turn it off, but I don't know what to search for. :( It doesn't happen on my other PC. Still, even if this will happen no more after I restart this PC, it would be interesting to know how to turn on or turn off this feature. Although it bother me, it can be useful. :)

This article may help, I think it's that the encoding of your keyboard is set differently.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/258824

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Now I tried it, but it only gives description how to manage with languages: how to add new language to keyboard, how to change default language, etc... Unfortunately it says nothing about this issue when I type a combination of symbols and when I get one symbol - this is something like autocorrect, or I don't know... But it indeed has something to do with languages, I just don't get it. :what:

ADDITION: So it appears that I can type normally once again. :) What exactly did I do to change that - I have no idea, but what matters is that it works now the way I want it to. Lord Chris's reply certainly did help. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

It's certainly good this has been solved. Glad I could help. :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles