Mathew Steel

Rotating in Map Editor

I am currently making a War Scenario map in the SHC2 map editor. I recall being able to rotate buildings such as towers or the keep for example, but I cannot figure out how to do it now. I have tried CTRL+E/Q/Mouse Scroll/Left Button/Right Button. I have also tried CTRL+ALT+All of the above. None of which are working. I can't even get the rotate button within the editor to work, am I being stupid or is it broken?

All help appreciated, thank you in advance!

EDIT: I have loads of questions about this editor including, estates, scripting, map types etc, but I feel it would be silly to make a new topic for each. Perhaps someone who is advanced with the editor could make a guide about everything within it. I cannot find a good one online and I would be very grateful to whoever did so, thank you :)

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Some of the staff are creating articles on the site, the editor will be amongst them, stay tuned they should be adding them at any time.

As my game has still not arrived I am unable to comment on the editor. However, I'm sure @Lord Vetka will give you some tips when he views the thread as he does have the game.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Yes I do have the game and am trying to learn the editor now, there is a thread on how to rotate things in the editor but can't remember where right now. This editor is like the one for SH3, anyone experienced with it should be fine with this one, most of my work has been with terrain so far.

A link to the article by Nigel- http://forums.strongholdnation.co.uk/topic/278-map-editor-sussed/

I am unfamiliar with the SH3 map editor and so this is my first time using the same type. I didn't really think SH3 to be a good game hence I didn't bother making maps for it. Now Stronghold Crusader 2 on the other hand is a great game and everything in my map is made, textures, resources, estates and what not. But I really need to know how to script war scenarios and how to rotate buildings. Anyone know the answer?

I never really had enough time to look into it properly in SH3 (as I was busy with the site, real life commitments and I got the game quite a while after it was released) but if like Kirk says it is practically exactly the same as SH3, you can do the following:

tools -> edit scenario

and the options will become available to you to alter the map type and other mission options.

Useful Articles

Thank you Chris, I just noticed someone else posted this in an old topic but thanks for the reminder :)

As for rotation, any ideas?

I just edited my last post with a link to Nigels answer to the rotating in the editor.

To script the invasions you would need to use a trigger then an event, I have not looked into this to much yet and will follow up with more as I go.

Chris, I believe that is what Nigel had to say about rotating buildings.

Yes I saw this also Vekta, thank you again. This is one way and I suppose it is very useful it is not super efficient, I am sure there is a shortcut to rotate items using the mouse scroller. If I find it I will let you know.

I'll use Nigel's idea for now, thank you both :)

EDIT:This problem has been resolved. To rotate buildings the old way, simply hold CTRL+Press Mouse Scroller+Spin Mouse Scroller

Edited by Mathew Steel

Thanks for letting us know the problem is fixed, but please don't add new replies just stating things like "last post edited with reply" as it's a fairly pointless message.

Double posting is acceptable providing several hours have passed so you should be fine to add that as a new message.

Useful Articles

Regarding what is/isn't acceptable for posting, the site rules pretty much sum it up for you:

http://forums.strongholdnation.co.uk/rules/

Useful Articles