Lord_Chris

What foreign languages can you speak?

Well, simply put: what foreign languages can you speak?

I can speak English and German (fairly well).

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

English, learning French :)

Addition: Somehow I forgot my first language :/ also Welsh!

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

English is my native tongue, but three generations ago my family spoke French. I've taken the equivalent of three years' worth of classes for French, but also have learned some extra from my interest in French history from the Revolution through the reign of Napoleon III, as well as my interests in medieval Occitan and Frankish cultures and histories.

I also can greet people and know some common phrases from the Germanic and Romance languages, alongside a few words from Turkish, Arabic, Serbian, Russian, and Polish (thanks to a certain political cartoon in which Poland desires to launch a spaceship). It was also my intent to, at different times, learn Mandarin, Greek, and German, but time dictated otherwise.

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

Wow! I've never seen someone know so many languages - that's pretty impressive ;)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Wow! I've never seen someone know so many languages - that's pretty impressive ;)

Well, technically only English and (limited) French. I don't know enough of the others to count 'em. ;)

Mqb938i.png

Do you crave a life of adventure? Check out our Adventures in the Duchy of Riverborne and apply here to join the action!

Well, technically only English and (limited) French. I don't know enough of the others to count 'em. ;)

I'd be more than happy to teach you some Welsh :) (if it's any useful :D)

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Well i can speak a only a little english and knows some german, french, and swedish :). I did not pass the 'beginer' level on every language that i learn tho. Only heard it when my mother speaking it and she tought about that a little :)