EaglePrince

Uploading skirmish map: few unnecessary options

Hi, I am uploading one skirmish map for Stronghold Crusader at this moment, and I have noticed few things.

I have to chose difficulty level and number of missions, but as it is a skirmish map, we cannot say if it is hard or easy, and it has no missions. Except that one - destroy everyone on the map who is not your ally! :D Also, there is an option "number of estates"... I have chosen 8, as my map was made for players, but I think these two: number of players and number of estates is not the same thing. I only meant to inform you about this matter.

Regards!

I have to chose difficulty level and number of missions, but as it is a skirmish map, we cannot say if it is hard or easy, and it has no missions.

It always has one mission otherwise you wouldn't be able to play it ;) Even though technically it's not a mission, you can still put that. If you don't want to put 1, there is a Not Applicable option at the bottom as N/A (Miscellaneous only) which you can select if you want. Also, if you can't select the difficulty of the map, select the difficulty of installing the file on your system - not exactly ideal, but I guess you know what I mean until I find a better way to accommodate this.

The number of players is different to estates, I agree with you there. But, you have to think which would be the most widely used from all the games we cover. From stronghold 2 peace scenarios or free build, there may not be any other players on the map, and there never are for CivCity Rome. Stronghold 3 is likely to not have as well, and the same for Stronghold Legends as free build.

I'll keep it in mind though if I ever do any major updating to it.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

It always has one mission otherwise you wouldn't be able to play it ;)

That's exactly the option which I chose. :) It is the one only mission - kill and don't be killed! :)

The number of players is different to estates, I agree with you there. But, you have to think which would be the most widely used from all the games we cover.

In that case, I agree it is the best solution. I only taught that you might be unaware of this, so that you should probably tell you, as I was the first one to upload Stronghold Crusader skirmish map.

But is there an option about number of players for Stronghold 2 kingmaker maps? I don't play Stronghold 2 very often, Stronghold Crusader is my favorite, but I think maximum number of players would be an important information about some certain map.

Rather than a 'mission', think of it as a scenario, that's how I think of it, a skirmish always has one scenario, whereas a custom war can have as many scenarios as you create for it (each scenario is a mission of it's own)

No, there isn't that option at the minute, again just the number of estates. I can understand where you're coming from, a field for all the possible opponents on the map. I will try and add it in at some point (I can't say how long that will be as I'm extremely busy with other stuff at the moment) but it will require slightly more time to do because there isn't a field for it yet so I would have to completely create it from scratch. It certainly would help, I'll give you that. Hopefully some day in the near future I'll add it in.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles