EaglePrince

Stronghold Europe

Hi, all! I guess most of you know me, some from Stronghold Heaven, some from Stronghold Knights, and some from GameRanger.

I'm sure you have heard of Stronghold Europe. I find it really interesting - with this mod, it is possible (in some way) to play skirmish games in Stronghold 1. I find it really interesting, although it is not exactly Stronghold 1 - all economy is faster, just like in Stronghold Crusader, and troops are like in Stronghold Crusader (swordsmen are the same as in SHC, for example). Nevertheless, it is still interesting. :)

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna try to play it in multiplayer, and I will post here, if I succeed or not. :)

What I wanted to ask you... Would that be possible to make Stronghold Europe section here (and maybe Stronghold Europe section for downloads - I'm not sure yet how does that work here), so we could make a community of players who play this game here? I know there is forum for this, but it is all in German, this one would be the first one in English, I guess?

Moved to site questions/support.

Welcome to StrongholdNation.

Are you referring to the Stronghold Europe mod created by Teutonen Ritter? If so, you should request his permission first before posting or doing anything here.

Unfortunately, a forum can't be created here for it because it is not an individual game of it's own, and all games of their own are displayed on the forums index. However, I will create a sub-forum for it in the Crusader & Crusader forum. There is a modification that will allow me to do this and it has been something I've been evading for a while now, but I'm quite happy to add it in.

The same goes for the download section for it - it must be a game of it's own with categories of it's own to have a download section. If you wish to upload the mod for it, you must upload it as a stronghold crusader file.

I'm not sure yet how does that work here

If you can tell me any specific problems or issues you have about the downloads system I'll explain those as that statement is pretty general :)

Edited by Lord_Chris

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Also, I definitely agree that we would need to have Teuton Ritters permission to do something like that. Only I taught it would be better to ask you, if you are willing to make something like that here, after what we would ask Teutonen Ritter for his permission.

Well, you're right about forum for that one mode... As it is mod of Stronghold Crusader, it should be in Stronghold Crusader, not in separate place.

I haven't tried to upload any maps yet (so I didn't have any issue as well :) ), but I will soon. I also have some fresh idea for a new map.

By the way, did you make an option here for Stronghold Crusader 1.3, so we could select this version, if a map was made with this one. Maybe, we would make similar thing for maps made by Stronghold Europe? (we could chose between 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and Stronghold Europe (SHE))

Yep, I've already made the option for Crusader 1.3 - http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/submit/ (last dropdown box on the page)

I could make a category in the Crusader for Stronghold Europe, but I'd rather not create complete versions and sections also for reasons above (plus, they already exist for crusader).

As for the download central, I'll give you a brief overview as it differs from Stronghold Heaven's quite a bit; You can click on any download central link on any of our sites (crusader, stronghold 2, legends.etc) and they will all take you to the same place -> http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/. Rather than having separate download sections for separate games, we have combined all of them here (for several reasons - one being administration, another being navigation). You will find SH2 files, SHC as well as all games we cover. To submit a file, go to http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/downloads/submit/ and choose the game you wish to submit your file for. You will then be redirected to the page in which you can add info about your file and upload it.

We also have a couple of other different things to stronghold heaven - subscriptions. If you like files by one specific user, you can subscribe to them. This means that you will be notified of any further files that user uploads. You can unsubscribe at any time.

They are the main differences, comments and reviews work in a similar way. If you need more help, just ask :)

I'm about halfway through doing the sub forum, I'll post here when it's ready but obviously you should still get permission first so I'll leave that part up to you. :)

Edited by Lord_Chris
Edited first link to correct

Useful Articles

I've successfully installed the sub forum, I'm waiting for a reply :)

Useful Articles

Hi, I want to let you know that I made it to contact Teutonen Ritter. We do have his permission for this subforum we created. :)

Still, I do have one appeal. :) Would that be possible to create a subsection in downloads section for Stronghold Europe maps? I know I did ask you this before, but I would be grateful if this was enabled, and this way, we would have a chance to present Stronghold Europe in this forum, and hopefully, some more people would work on its development. At least through creating new maps. We could also organize events, when we want to play Stronghold Europe multiplayer games, as it is possible using GameRanger. I know this tread might belong to another category then in this one, but I wrote it here, as it concerns Stronghold Europe.

If this would not be possible, I would create another forum for this matter, but I believe that we, Stronghold Nation members, should support this project. Right now, they have their forum in German at Strategy-Zone, but there is no such forum in English.

As about downloads section - it could be possible to upload these maps for Stronghold Europe as Stronghold Crusader maps, but that way, it may bring confusion - especially because minimaps of Stronghold Europe maps look almost the same as those ones of Stronghold Crusader.

Thanks in advance! Regards, EaglePrince

Thread merged with "Stronghold Europe" in Site Questions and Support.

I think that at the moment, considering some of our download categories are practically empty (most in some sections) we should wait until we get more files, and more widely spread before we make any decisions such as creating more categories that may just remain empty or nearly empty - especially since the forum has so far had no turnout. In the meantime, you should upload any stronghold Europe files under another category for crusader, but make sure to type that it is for stronghold Europe.

If we get about twenty to thirty files that are worth a category of it's own, I'll consider it then.

Useful Articles

If we get about twenty to thirty files that are worth a category of it's own, I'll consider it then.

Thanks, Chris! :) I already have some maps for Stronghold Europe, and I believe that soon we will have enough map for a separate section. :)