Krarilotus

Warlords Ai Modding Map Creation

The game isn't out yet, but i am very curious how the map creation and AI modifications work in it. If you have suggestions what i should try on my Release live-stream, let me know!
Looking forward to keeping all the information gathered up and sorted afterwards! :D

How about trying to build a massive Citadel with a couple of Warlords to reinforce it, and the player has a small estate on the edge of the map to build up an army strong enough to attack and overtake it? Although, this is probably better as a custom scenario at some point!

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Wow there is so much modability with this game, it looks awesome!

Also if you wanna tune in, the stream link is this:

We got some first impressions.
AI's are kinda easy to beat and still easy to abuse, but with some small changes, they could come a long way. The overall behaviour was already improved a lot over the previous games.

We also found a way to basically mod all the balancing and remove the troop limit or even put harder restrictions.

A lot of early bugs are in the game, but they might just be some that were still in there due to not having the testing capacitities and are likely to be fixed in the near future...

Definitly a game that has huge potential to be good. I wouldn't play the campaign yet until those issues are resolved!

Interesting. Do you think this change with the troop limit would work on multiplayer? If so would it only be the host who has to change this value, or would everyone? Perhaps it's something we could try to figure out at some point......

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

@Lord_Chris yes we found a value that works for multiplayer, but you wouldnt be able to connect to anyone that doesnt have exactly the same multiplayer and overall mod configuration that you have.

On 10/03/2021 at 03:40, Krarilotus said:

Wow there is so much modability with this game, it looks awesome!

Also if you wanna tune in, the stream link is this:

Had a few snippets off your stream and forwarded a suggestion to the devs about selecting packed | unpacked trebs through observing your play.

Caught you saying " game is imbalanced " too haha 🙂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now