Lord_Chris

Website Upgrade

Hi guys,

I'm pleased to announce the site upgrade has been a success. Our forum is now running a new software which has many more features available to it. All your posts and information should be here fine, but if there are any issues please do let me know. A word of warning that anyone who visits the main site will be unable to login for the moment, this is due to an authentication issue I'm working on. But you can still access it as a guest.

I've taken this opportunity to change a lot about how the site is configured. To start with, we've done away with the 'New members' group. These were members who had made less than five posts on the site, and had a large number of restrictions placed on them, such as not being able to post links, not view profiles and not use the PM. I'm pleased to say that with the new software, we have been able to reduce the relevant restrictions down to a small number of posts made per user account instead of hindering all users as potential spammers.

• We also now have a notifications system. You can choose how you want to be notified of topics, posts, PMs...., i.e. you can choose to receive a notification on the site, or receive an email, or get both. You can do that here. There's a lot of potential notification settings, so I'd recommend taking a minute to make sure it's right for you.
  • You can also "follow" other users now. To do this, head over to a user's profile and click the "follow" button. This will notify you of any new content by that user. I've already gone ahead and followed some of you to keep up with what you're doing :)
  • Status updates: On your profile, you can now post status updates. A nice way of keeping in touch with your followers, who can reply to your messages etc. To enable status updates, head over to your profile, click on the "edit profile" button, and then enable them from that screen.
  • Clubs. This is a nice functionality which allow you guys to have more control over what goes on in the community. Clubs are essentially social groups where you can run your own forums on there about things, in addition to the main forums we have. So you might decide to create a History club, or a club dedicated to a certain game mod or something else entirely different. I've already gone ahead and setup a one for the Stronghold 2 LOTR Mod as an example.
  • Login through Steam. You can now login to the site via Steam. We'll be adding more integrations such as Facebook soon.
  • Tapatalk integration. This one is aimed primarily to stop @EaglePrince from nagging ;) ;) I'm pleased to announce that the forum officially supports integration with Tapatalk now.
  • Two-factor authentication. Those of you who are more "security conscious" will be pleased to know you can now authenticate your account using Google Authenticator.

Have a look around, get to know the new forum! Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say :)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Wow, this is awesome! I wasn't responding to your messages about this, but I was following everting you said. I was somewhat worried that this might take more time to get done, but I'm very happy with this being done quicker.

I will try out Tapatalk as well, if it has started to work. :D