wobbli

AI in Multiplayer-solution for non-steam version - tested with v1.4.1

Posted (edited)

AI in multiplayer - if you're still looking for "Stronghold 2 Manager"...

For those of you that want AI back in the multiplayer so you can do co-op and can't find a solution, read on. The AI in multiplayer was removed from the non-steam version some time ago via a patch I believe.

There was a solution using so-called "Stronghold2 Manager" some time back but that always showed up having viral content and was hard to find (and you had to trust...). I found this source code (Mod edit: link removed) - I am not the author.

Being source, you can review it's content and actions. Once compiled (VSCommunityEd), it works like a charm.

Note that I have the retail version of stronghold and play on GameRanger.

Via GameRanger, run SH2 as normal - Host actions: CTRL-ESC, run task manager, find the Process ID of SH, run your compiled executable as admin, enter the PID and voila - no messing around like the "Manager" product.? No need for other players to do anything different to normal.

Edit - added reference to GameRanger in starting the game

Edited by Lord_Chris
Removed link to software

Thanks for your interest in posting on our forum @wobbli. Unfortunately as this topic is referring to a software modification which injects code into the game as it is playing (essentially a Trainer), and therefore is contrary to the site rules, we cannot permit this topic on the site. I'm therefore going to close it, but if you have any questions on the site rules feel free to shoot me a PM.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles